DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) - Rebecca Donovan In the balance of love and loss, it was love that made me
struggle to… Breathe.

( i read that and i broke down )

this book is cruel ....
heartbreaking CRUELTY ! *weeeeep*

it must have been an hour or so , since i finished reading this book and my mind is still trying process of what just happened and what my teary eyes just witnessed !

its a crime i know ! BUT I SERIOUSLY WANT TO SHOOT THE ANTAGONIST !
what the freak ?! what the freak ?! what the freak ?! what the freak ?!

Reason to breathe by Rebecca Donovan , is about Emma and her life , where we come across things the poor girl has been suffering and going through and how she hopes that by standing up with her head held high and committing herself to get good grades and being athletic and by taking part in almost every department a freaking school has , she can escape the one thing she's afraid of and despises the most !
poor girl is subjected to physical abuse. *sniffles*
though , i completely hate her for how stupid , lame and naive she was for the decision she took in the end ! i can't help crying ! and did i mention ? THE ENDING FREAKING SUCKED .

the only bright side to her life is her best friend , Sara ! who personally i just loved ! her strong , caring and sarcastic attitude has garnered her my praises .
and her certain remarks are just amazingly hilarious ! her presence lightened up my mood throughout the book :)

and then comes Evan ! sweet lord !
he is just everything a girl dreams about . intelligent , humorous enough to make a girl laugh , smart , chivalrous , caring and hubba hubba hawt (couldn't miss THAT out ) :D
Emma's and Evan's tender journey of love is beautiful and kept me at the edge the whole time !

it kept on tickling my tummy when i came across something like....

“I love that picture, he admitted softly. I think it's because I love the girl in that picture.”

or like ...

“We were engaged in a very intricate dance of touching without touching, knowing without saying, and feeling without expressing. We were friends walking along a ledge, a very thin ledge - and I was too caught up in my heightened awareness of his existence to realize how close the ledge was to crumbling beneath my feet.”

*swooon*

though let me remind you the book is pure evil ! after a beautiful reading throughout , the ending just shook my world and smashed it into dust !
i'm miserable !

the book has such an effect where , i just can't help but think how the ending would effect the characters in the book ! but nopes , the ending was a freaking CLIFFHANGER !

i feel sympathetic towards Emma because of what she was going through ! cheerful because of Saraa's presence ! happy because of Emma being with Evan ! sad because of the end :(

*howling and crying*

i am crazy but i really like books which have such an effect on me as it all seems real and gets to me . its like those where i dont flinch or show any kind of a reaction where i find the contents of the story utterly cheesy !
its like after flipping the last page of the book , my mind would start processing things and even though it would throw me into depression..
when i'd finally look back at the book ,without hesitation ! i'd say .."hey beautiful :) "

and this book certainly belongs to that category ! :D