DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire the synopsis goes like ...

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

after reading the book , the only thing i can think of is ....
" yeah ! Travis did find his match ! and trust me ! they are meant for each other ! THEY ARE LIKE THE WORLD'S LAMEST PEOPLE OF THE WORLD , so why wouldn't they be together ? "

this book was annoying and a definite disaster . -.-

the first few pages at the start were fast and nice and had grabbed my whole attention ! i was like , " omg ! this is naice :D ! "

oops Big Mistake .
i take back my words !

when they finally get together ! the plot becomes utterly cheesy and unbelievable !

my first complain .
what's with the ritual of having sex so many times ?

its like ...
Abby and Travis fight and later they have sex .

and then as you go ahead , they fight AGAIN and they have sex AGAIN !

and then they don't fight and even then THEY HAVE SEX !

and their fighting was also so very pointless ! :P
as you go ahead you finally see the characters showing their true colors !

the girl is a pathetic bitch whose horribly clueless and weak and stupid !
and the guy is just so freaking clingy and possessive and needy , it just makes me barf !

*two tight slaps to both of them !*
they ruined 24 hours of my time !

my second complain .
some parts in the book were so unnecessary ! the book is long and slow paced and absolutely boring !

and the third and the final complain .
why was the ending so cheesy ?
i mean seriously , i know our generation is pretty reckless ! but who gets married just like that ! what was the author thinking ?!?

i would have rather liked it more if one of the protagonists i.e Abby and Travis , would have just died ! or even murdered .

as i end my psycho-babble of how much i HATED this book , my final word is going to be ...

BEWARE !

( im just surprised at how disappointed i am :/ )