DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

Across the Universe - Beth Revis you know the books which keep you glued to them till the very end ?
well , this book certainly belonged to that category !
Across the Universe by Beth Revis is a dystopian-sci-fi book about Amy , Elder , the spaceship Godspeed and space travel ( wowiee ) :D

it consists of alternative POV's of Amy and Elder . all their thoughts , emotions and the way they were handling the situations kept me so engrossed that i finished this book in 6 hours non-stop grounded to my bed and with breaks that lasted just for 'some' seconds since i was running around the house like a hyper rabbit :D

before i start , the first chapter is just Wow !
the thing just triggered my senses of whole heartedly loving this book !
and boy , i so did !
anyway , this how the synopsis is ..

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

now i'm going to kick-start with how i felt about this book and some minor other descriptions.

1 . i loved the little areas of revelations and the big suspense . they kept on giving me goosebumps as i kept on going ahead .
atleast the parts where Eldest tells Elder that the disaster that shook the ship ( 'the plague') never happened and also where ....(okay this one is a super spoiler...all the sneaky spoiler readers who haven't read the book yet ....BEWARE..)
Elder tells Amy that he was the one who unplugged her and woke her up from her icy 'sleeping beauty' sleep.

2.i just loved the concept ! who wouldn't love the star wars-cum-anything which has space in it combination ? :D

3.i really connected with the characters . the areas where Amy feels sad about leaving Earth and her present for a new life and an unknown future and wants to just stay but also feels shattered as life without her parents wouldn't be same ...is like so heartbreaking . i literally could see the dilemma and i kept on thinking myself ! that what if i were in a similar situation ? what would i choose to do ?
also the part where Elder comes across his own forks on his path where he both agrees and disagrees with Eldest and his tyrannical ways ...i felt like a part of me agreed and disagreed too !

4.the ending i tell you is too much to handle ! i feel like ripping the time and distance between me and the sequel So bad .
this one was such a cliffhanger , i can feel my hunger for the things which are going to happen next ! ( does the 'hunger' part sound too bad ? )

5.the cover ! isn't it pretty ? :)

6.the transition of Elder's character is so nice ! the way he grew up from a follower yet rebel at heart person to a promising leader he knows he can be !

my only complain more like a little whine is that the romance was so not upto where it should've been ! no complains for the little lovey dovey things since i guess that's what the author wanted . with us , the readers wanting more of Elder and Amy together and for me , the author nailed it . the one flaw is that it looked like all Elder wanted to do was 'touch' Amy ! maybe i missed out something , but that is how i felt .

All in all, Across the Universe was a wonderful read .
i recommend it to everyone !
and to the sequel , A Million Suns ...

i'll be waiting for you .