DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

Isolation (Partials Sequence #0.5) - Dan Wells We are at war," said the voice," a war we must win at all costs ; you know that-"
"What I want you to do," said Heron softly , " is to think long and hard about this. You made us to kill and conquer, and we are doing it better than you ever anticipated. Far better than you could ever do yourselves. You are no match for us. Do not make us your enemy." She stared into the darkness and a wicked smile crept into the corners of her lips , "Confirm?"

Whatta badass babe.

Oh hell . I want Fragments So baaad.

This short story by Dan Wells was such an unexpected bomb.
It started out a tad lazy but got real amazing till the end which was the point where my jaw seemed to have given in to gravity.
What makes this beauty over here special is the sheer idea of this being from a Partial's point of view.
When I read Partials , I came to know these certain things -
1.Partials are like the book version of the terminators. But just a tad more non-invincible a bit more bio-engineered.
2.They have no feelings.
3.They were supposed to be bound to humans.
4.They were supposed to follow orders.

While all of this is quite significant and obvious from when you read the book but there is always this tiny difference . What you read in the main novel is the protagonist's voice and she's just an outsider trying to work out who and what the Partials are . But this is straight out of the mouth from a Partial . This is the real deal.
And what's more amazing is the fact that it's in Heron's point of view.
Remember that snarky, serious , authoritative leader?
Yes , HER.
I dig badass females and this one here is a total goddess.

Loved it :D