DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel - Katja Millay "I need to know that there's a way for people like us to end up okay. I need to know that there even is such a thing as okay, maybe even good, and it's out there and we just haven't found it yet. There's got to be a happier ending than this, here. There's got to be a better story. Because we deserve one. You deserve one. Even if it doesn't end with you coming back to me."

It took me lots of time in finishing this book. And it definitely is not because of the size of the book because I have read books much fatter than this one and have finished them in 8 hours straight or maybe much longer , but I have.

So this is what happened..I was really excited about this book. Like very VERY excited. Because almost all my friends gave this one about 4-5 stars and have nothing but nice things to say about it. It was a classic Need-You-Now situation for me. Then when I finally got it , I was so excited. About 50 pages in and I wanted to throw this book away and read some other book. I remember calling this whole experience really 'tedious'. I left this book and ventured out into other books. Last night, I saw this book and I vowed to myself that I would finish it , also keeping in mind that if this whole thing became too tiresome , then I won't hesitate in abandoning this one.

Guess I didn't abandon it.

The Sea of Tranquility is a slow-building, character-driven romance about a lonely boy, an emotionally fragile girl, and the miracle of second chances.
This sentence just about covers the whole summary of the whole book.

I'll tell you all why you should read this book.
You should read this book simply because of the beauty of it. The first 100 pages may suck the life out of you and you may consider options like total-book-abandonment but here's what you should do: Be patient. Because later when you get into the book , you'll regret keeping the book on hold.
You should also read this book because you will fall in love with the male protagonist Josh Bennett because he's perfect. He may have been through a lot and his actions in present could be really messed up but the way his whole character has been created and the way he has been portrayed is enough to make you fall in love with him. You should also read this book because even after all the revelations might seem messed up and weird to you and that some things were a tad unnecessary , the suspense and the heart-wrenching elements of the book would keep you engaged. You should also read this book because of characters like Drew and Clay who are total surprise packages and soon become a family to you. You should read this book because if you want to have a peek in the gruesomeness of life that left you wounded and scarred and probably broke your soul into tiny pieces , then this book is just totally perfect for you. Weirdly this book kept on reminding me of[b:Where She Went|8492825|Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)|Gayle Forman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347810457s/8492825.jpg|10706553]. Now it could be because both the novels have the 'second-chance' storyline backing it , somehow in a very weird way , while reading this book , I felt exactly the way I felt when I read Where she Went. You should also read this book if you like cake , especially chocolate. You should read this book if you want swoony romance. You should read this book because it's simply good.

You could read this review and many other cool things here at YA Fanatic.