DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

Twisted Summer - Lucy V. Morgan Check out this review and many other things at YA Fanatic

A very twisted read indeed.

I'd like to say that this book was awkward. And among many shades of awkward, it probably is the darkest shade of awkward.
The synopsis is very intriguing. And I was drawn to this book the moment I came to know about it's existence. There is something about the whole concept of the book that makes me wonder about so many things. Do things like these happen in the real world? And if they do, then do the people involved get a happy ending after all? Does it take your not relative or step-whatever-relative to look like a total hottaay for you to fall into a lusty pit of ..you know, lust? If I have a hot step uncle who totally understands me and gets me, will I fall for him? Uh hell to the no. I'm trying to work out the mechanics here. How does one get into such a situation?

"You have to understand that we never meant for it to happen. We knew it was stupid. We knew it was wrong. "
Oh I don't care if it was wrong! I'm still trying to process HOW?

The world is indeed screwed up. And this book had some really powerful elements that could've been used and made awesome. Other than that I fairly have nothing to say.

I want to whine. I want to rant.

I want to scream and punch the female protag in this book.

I don't particularly care about other characters in the book , because they are insignificant. There are taboo romances that have been liked by people.
Hell, I might've loved some of them. Or maybe not. What I'm trying to say is if you can't digest the romance and it feels totally off to you then there is nothing you can do about it. Danni's and Gabe's love story is so unnatural and unbelievable to me that in some places during the book , I was trying to control myself from throwing my Ipad away.