DevTheReader

DevTheReader

I eat books and get eaten by them. It's an uncomplicated relationship.

I'm co-blogger at YA Fanatic as well.

Requiem - Lauren Oliver
You can find this review and many other things at YA Fanatic

Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay. OKAY. I can do this. I CAN DO THIS!

I wasn't expecting anything when I jumped into this one. I've read a lot of reviews and I trust the viewpoint of each and every friend of mine. I was so disappointed by the response because this series is like my baby. I mean as far as I can remember , Delirium has always been one of my favourites! Could be because of the whole forbidden love shebang or could be because Lauren Oliver's writing appeals to the reader that I am. I wasn't even planning to read this one because my treacherous fingers had a mind of their own and clicked onto spoilers..yes you notice the 's' after the word 'spoiler'? Yes, that's right. They clicked on MANY spoilers. So I already knew what was going to happen.

And I was pretty sure that I was not going to like it.

BUT. I did like it.

Call me stupid but this is exactly how I felt when I finished reading Pandemonium. Funny thing is, at that point of time, I was emotionally shattered and blown away by it and I was dying. And now when I think about how I feel about Pandemonium, I'm all Meh.
Maybe it's just the high of the moment. Or maybe it's because I didn't actually mind the end. I don't know. But for now, I really did like what I get. And it was totally unexpected. Did I want a clear cut solution of the problem that is Alex-Lena-Julian? Yes. But here's the thing. I'm pathetically involved with this series and the end that Oliver wrote was exactly what I needed.

“I remember exactly what he was wearing, too, and the mess of his hair, the sneakers with their blue-tinged laces. His right shoe was untied. He didn't notice.
He didn't notice anything but Lena.”

I really love this quote. It just..It just makes me so happy.

And about the double POV's between Lena and Hana, there were moments where I felt that I just wanted to read Lena's POV and there were moments where I just wanted to listen to Hana. Either way, it all worked out okay in the end. And fit well.

Maybe after a few months, when I'll think about this book again, I would be fairly unhappy with the ratings I'm giving it now, but for now, It's alright and I'm satisfied.